What is the objective of the course? What is it?
What does it train you for?
What does it train you for?
The Study Course in Nursing delivered entirely in English aims to train professionals in the nursing area with the possibility of "placement" at European and non-European level (see OCSE data). The final exam has the value of a State Examination which admits graduates to work as a Nurse. Admission is gained by sitting a test in English (B2-CEFR) and attendance is mandatory. The course is divided into basic and characterizing disciplines and focuses on professional activities and clinical training for 60 CFUs. It includes formal, vocational training activities chosen by the student and a fee for the study of other individual training activities. The final exam in English consists of the preparation and discussion of a written paper on a theoretical-practical topic and is preceded by a professional test demonstrating the acquisition of skills related to nursing care practice. The acquisition of skills is calculated in credits, 60 each year, for a total of 180 credits.
What do you learn?
The Degree Course in Nursing aims to:
- Provide students with the knowledge necessary to understand the biological and physiological phenomena occurring in the human body in its various phases of development;
- Provide students with the knowledge necessary to understand the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical and instrumental diagnosis of human disease in various developmental stages;
- Provide the student with the theoretical and technical-practical skills suitable for the prevention of major human diseases in its various developmental stages;
- Provide students with theoretical and technical practices adapted to perform the assistance tasks required by the job profile of the nurse in Italy and abroad;
- Provide students with adequate theoretical and technical practices in the fields of Forensic Medicine, Bioethics and Professional Ethics and Health Management
What can you do with it?
The degree in Nursing trains a healthcare provider who operates autonomously in the areas of prevention, care and safeguarding individual and collective health, using planning methodologies to provide assistance for the achievement of childhood goals, and care for adult and elderly patients. The Nurse is the operator responsible for general nursing of the preventive, curative, palliative and rehabilitative types. The main functions are disease prevention, assistance for the sick and disabled of all ages and health education in Italy and in foreign countries. The degree in Nursing offers the graduate the possibility of working in highly specialized health facilities nationally (IRCCS) and internationally, or to perform research in nursing, SSD/MED 45; 06/M1.